Marijuana consistently gets a bad rap. But what quantity of it is deserved?
Here are just ten of the many health benefits attributed to the use of medical marijuana , as well as some of the problems associated with its use:
Marijuana can alleviate pain and inflammation linked to arthritis.
Researchers are working to develop new cannabis-based drugs to treat glaucoma pain after determining marijuana’s effectiveness for treating the condition. Glaucoma is a condition that increases pressure inside the eyeball and can lead to vision loss.
7. Lung health
8. Multiple sclerosis
Marijuana contains a minimum of 60 cannabinoids. THC is the primary chemical associated with its mind-altering effects. THC has been used in the treatment of nausea, including drug- or chemotherapy-induced nausea.
10. Parkinson’s Disease
Despite these health benefits, it’s also important to consider the potential health risks of marijuana use:
• Addiction can cause uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms in people who discontinue marijuana use.
• In high doses or in sensitive individuals, marijuana can cause anxiety and paranoia.
• Marijuana may impair memory.
• Mind-altering effects are particularly evident among young and first-time users.
• One study found an increase in risk of heart attack within the first hour of smoking marijuana.